Tuesday 22 September 2015

Christmas Napkin Ring Delights

 
Hi everyone, with Christmas coming up and it being in the forefront of the crafters mind, I thought I would share with you something special.  How to turn a simple die into something useful. 
 
This will amaze your friends and family at any Christmas party (other parties available).
 
What did I use?  Well these are
1... Tattered Lace trellis die
2... Tattered Lace Pine Fern die
3... Tattered Lace Poinsettia dies. 
Pine green cardstock
Red cardstock
Gold mirri card
300 gsm acetate
Ribbon to decorate
Hot glue gun
Spray adhesive
 
 
How did I do it?
 
Firstly, decide how many table napkin rings you need and cut that many from the trellis die.  I then spray glued the back and adhered to the acetate.  I will share with you a top tip... I have recycled the acetate from packaging belonging to an embossing folder.
 
Next is the slightly tricky job of cutting along the edge of the die cut.
 

 
 
I have decorated the length with ribbon and formed into a ring.  Secure firmly.  The flowers were cut and formed with the pine leaves being placed underneath.  I have fixed the flower with hot glue and finished with a little bling.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment